Friday, February 22, 2013

living the good life in Orlando



2013-02-22

Greetings,

I don’t know what the cause is but time sure flys by down here in Sunny Florida. We’ve been back here in Orlando two days shy of a week and I haven’t posted anything to the blog. The weather is great, and although we haven’t done anything special it’s nice just to be outside in shorts and T shirts.


I broke from my normal routine of leisurely living today. Yesterday when backing the jeep into our sight I noticed in the mirror that the headlights on the drivers side of the motorhome where hanging down. Further investigation revealed that the entire grill assembly including headlights on both sides was about to fall out.




Without going into a lot of detail, all the brackets were attached to the fiberglass grill frame with a putty type adhesive. Five out of the six attachment points had failed. I repaired them by drilling and thru bolting. It is visible on the outside but I used stainless steel bolts with finishing washers and it looks ok. Most importantly I don’t have to worry about hitting a bump and the whole grill fall out.

There’s always something going on here at the campground, last night we went to the Jammers session. It’s an open gathering of musicians that changes weekly depending on who’s staying in the park. They played mostly mountain music and some country, they were pretty good. Tonight they had dancing with a two person combo. She sang, he played computerized keyboards and also did vocals.

Life is good!

No comments: