Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Home again



2013-04-02

It’s been a while since we’ve posted to the blog; I guess I’m pretty boring without Millie. She flew out from Orlando to Albuquerque, New Mexico the last week we were in Florida. She spent the week visiting with her family there; the dogs and I stayed in Florida and soaked up the warmth for one final week.

I tend to spend more time with the dogs when Millie is away and we took several long walks everyday around the sprawling Thousand Trails Campground. I tinkered with a few little projects on the motorhome and enjoyed shooting the bull with my RV friends but I never did anything blog worthy.

Millie flew back into Orlando and we left for home the following day. We broke from our recent habit of meandering on back roads and pretty much just shot up I-95 on the trip home. Don’t take that to mean we were tired of the trip, we just felt the need to get home to finalize the wedding details.

It’s nice to be home, but I’m not happy with the weather. I went from wearing shorts and flip flops to jeans and sweatshirts! Temperatures here have only been in the high 50’s and low 60’s, daytime highs should be around 70. It is supposed to get back to normal this weekend.

This afternoon on the beach the sun was shining, the tide was perfect for walking, there were Spring Break kids in bikinis, visitors from up north in shorts, and me in my jeans and sweatshirt. Oh well, I’ll get acclimated soon.
PS:  I wrote but didn't post his several days ago, I was waiting till I took some beach pictures to put with it. The The cold snap has drifted by and we are enjoying our wonderful spring weather here in paradise!

No comments: