Monday, March 18, 2013

The Big Bang Theory!


18th Mar 2013
The Big Bang Theory!


I had a real comical encounter a couple days ago. I saw an autotransformer listed for sale on the Orlando thousand Trails Campground bulletin board. The $400.00 autoformer was nearly new and a real bargain at $100. I called the number and learned the lister was in the campground and was selling it for a friend.

I drove over to the other side of the park and as they stated the part looked like new. I pulled out a $100 bill I always have tucked in my wallet and that’s when things got humorous. The man’s wife who was inside their motorhome hollered out the window, “Don’t take any hundred dollar bills!” I swear she sounded exactly like Howard Wolowitz’s mother on the Big Bang Theory TV show. Wolowitz’s mother is never seen in the show, only her screeching voice is heard.

As the seller and I stood outside and discussed the problem of how we were going to complete the sale Mrs. Wolowitzs continued her screeching rant from somewhere inside their RV. When I told him my old boss paid me in $100 bills and I’ve never seen a counterfeit, the Mrs. bellowed “There’s a lot of them around here, we see it on the news!”

At some point Mrs. Wolowitz decided to call the actual owner of the transformer. Now we had a four way conversation with questions relayed from Howard (his real name) the owner to Mrs. Wolowitz over the phone, she then hollering out the window to Mr. Wolowitz and him repeating it to me. When she screeched “Does he look like a criminal!” I had to say, she does know I can hear her doesn’t she?

I could have just run across the park and got $20’s but the situation was so comical I saw this blog story materialize and egged her on. When I told him the bill was good, I just printed it, he repeated it to the Mrs. and she shrieked into the phone “He said he just printed it!”

Finally I relented and got them the $20’s they demanded. Once they took the money and I had possession of the part I had to get in one more remark. I said you know with a $100 bill you only had to worry about one counterfeit, now you have 5 potential fake bills!

As I walked away I heard Mrs. Wolowitz yell “Get the license number off his car! He might be one of them scammers! I seen it on the TV news! There’s a lot of them around here!”






18th Mar 2013  Auto transformer
Used to protect the RV from low voltage sometimes encountered in campgrounds.


18th Mar 2013  Hot air balloon
Nothing to do with the posting, these are just three of the dozen that floated over the campground on Sunday




No comments: